The Virginia Sportsmen's Foundation is partnering with 001 Outdoor Advenutures to host a pheasant hunt with combat veterans on a private preserve in the Esmont area of Albemarle County (located about 30 minutes south of Charlottesville). We plan on having a group of 13 special guests who will each be accompanied by their sponsor and a guide for a 300-bird European-style circle shoot. Participants and sponsors will have access to our sporting clays range before the hunt begins. The preserve can accommodate up to 26 guns.
In the past we have been fortunate to have local business support for this event. That appears to be the case this year as well. A Charlottesville-area business will be donating lunch, and a number of other businesses have expressed interest in sponsoring one or more of our sponsorship needs, including:
- Soldier sponsorship for $550 to cover 1 soldier and 1 guide + the sponsor if he/she is an experienced hunter (We need 13 “Soldier sponsorships”)
- Full sponsorship for $7,150.00 covers the full hunt
- Half sponsorship for $3,575.00 covers half of the hunt
- Personalized guide shirts for each veteran
- Blaze orange hunting caps (at least 26)
- Any other hunting apparel (we will provide sizes)
We want to put on a first class event. Our goal is to provide a turnkey event for these soldiers, so all they have to do is show up. Ammunition as well as transportation around the hunt area will be provided by volunteers.
Keep in mind that if you employ veterans you can sponsor their participation in the hunt. Personal and corporate donations should be made payable to the Virginia Sportsmen’s Foundation, Inc. We also accept credit card payment via PayPal.
If you are interested in sponsoring the hunt, contact Will Payne at 804-393-8380 or by email.